Saturday, March 13, 2010

How long should I wait between coats of spray paint?

I am currently in the process of spray painting my iPod white. I have done one coat now.. how many coats do you reckon I should do to get good coverage, and how long in between coats? Thanks in advance!How long should I wait between coats of spray paint?
i would use two coats of paint you should wait untill the first coat is tacky then spray again. the clearcoat is really a personal prefferenceHow long should I wait between coats of spray paint?
You should not paint your ipod, it is going to scratch and chip off no matter how many coats of paint you use - even if you use a clear coat...





But to answer your question





Spray your first layer, let it get tacky, then spray another layer, be sure you are doing VERY light layers...do about 3 coats, wait for the last coat to get tacky then use your clear coat....





Good Luck
It really depends on the type of paint in the can. Look at the back of the can and see what it says. If it's a lacquer, just a few minutes. If it's an oil-based enamel, then a few hours.
You really shouldn't be painting your ipod at all. But, 15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment