Saturday, March 13, 2010

Can I use regular spray paint for stenciling on my tshirt?

I heard you can use normal spray paint (the ones that come in cans)to spray on your stencils for your shirts.


Like these: http://www.essentiallyhops.co.uk/acatalog/Oasis%20Spray%20small%20can.jpg





Anyone used it before?


Or is fabric paint the only option?Can I use regular spray paint for stenciling on my tshirt?
it will end up washing off slowly same as permanant textor on your skin without truing to scrub it off i had regular spray paint wash off a shirt it left a stain but not a stain that would do for what u want it forCan I use regular spray paint for stenciling on my tshirt?
Used it, the first time I washed it, it speckled off.


I'm cheap, and I paid for it! :(
You could... but if you do, it might be a little risky to put it in the clothes washer/ dryer.





Hand wash and dry flat!





Don't wear it immediately after spraying, let dry thoroughly and wash before wearing.
Logically you can use any kind of paint that won't wash off.





I have used acrylics both with and without a fabric medium. Spray paint will work, though it could get quite stiff.





If you use thin layers of paint it could be done.You might want to check out air cans that have a spray bottle. They clog easily so your paint, what every you decide to use must be very thin or watered down (you might need a solevent depending on the paint) These are sold in home improvement stores in the paint department and are an inexpensive alternative to achieve an airbrush look, though if you were doing quanity an air compressor and air tools are best.
can you yes! Should you NO! you need to use a fabric paint, either airbrushing or silk screening are the best using a stencil either one should be easy to do

No comments:

Post a Comment