Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How long does it take for spray paint to dry?

I want to spray paint some cardboard silver for a project I'm doing. I've gone over the cardboard with several coats of matte modpodge, and one coat of gloss, so it's basically plastic now. How long should it take for one coat of spray paint to dry?How long does it take for spray paint to dry?
One coat of spray paint should take about half an hour to dry. I spray painted a huge canvas for the backdrop theme for one of our school plays and we had to let it dry for about half an hour. It was quite dry by that time and we could handle it safely, but it was still a little sticky, especially in places that had the most paint. I would recommend you to only spray one coat at a time so that you will get the best gloss. If you spray many coats and then make it dry, it won't have such a glossy shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment