Saturday, March 13, 2010

What is the best spray paint to paint car exterior plastics with?

I have a Chevy Avalanche and want to paint the sail panels and other plastic exterior parts and am looking to paint them gloss black but dont know what paint is reliable and worry free from fading and chipping. I am looking to do this myself and want to purchase the paint from a hardware store as it is much cheaper.What is the best spray paint to paint car exterior plastics with?
Painting it your self will defiantly save you some money but you are not going to get the shine from painting it with a clear coat. Painting a clear coat on a paint job helps keep the UV rays from fading the paint and gives it the shine. Now before you go out and buy some clear at wal - mart know this, the clear you buy at wal - mart and the clear professionals use are two different worlds.You are not going to get the same results as a professional paint job. Also try and find a flexible primer to spray over your plastic parts and a plastic adhesive promoter to help with the adhesion process. if you want to nickel and dime your $20,000 truck be my guest but I wouldn't want to have my truck look like I worried about a two dollar can of paint.What is the best spray paint to paint car exterior plastics with?
Krylon.

No comments:

Post a Comment