Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Can I apply acrylic paint over spray paint?

I have a project and my board has a lot of space to cover, so i cant use my acrylic paint for the whole thing. So i was planning on spray painting everything silver, then using acrylic point to go ove letters and other smaller areas. Will it work though?Can I apply acrylic paint over spray paint?
Yes if the spray paint is acrylic based, but no if its oil or polyurethane based.


Acrylic is plastic, so no need to protect it with sealer, it is a seler itself.





The rule is water based medium first, oil or polyurethane on top would work, but not the reverse.Can I apply acrylic paint over spray paint?
Yes, the spray paint can should indicate whether it is acrylic-based. It would be rare for spray paint to be oil-based, so you're probably fine. The clear acrylic spray over the whole thing when you're done is a good idea to protect it.
It should work but after you finish you should put a clear sealer over the whole thing.
Yes it should work for you .
  • the bees
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment