Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How dangerous is working with spray paint?

I want to put a clear coat of spray paint on some jewelry I made, but the warnings on the paint say that it irritates the skin and causes all sorts of bad side effects. Is that only when the paint is wet, or is it dangerous after the paint dries too? Since it is jewelry, it would be touching my skin a lot, not like if I put it on a box or a wall.How dangerous is working with spray paint?
Make sure the spray paint can go on the jewelery. I think they have special clear coat for jewelery, if your clear spray is ok, once it is on it should be ok, people spray tables, railings, chairs all the time and sit on them, put their hands on the railings. Use a mask and latex or some kind of gloves when u spray.How dangerous is working with spray paint?
I'd check with a shop that specializes in jewelry first.
I use spray paint of all types all of the time for jewelry, decorative boxes, moldings, furniture, statuary and wrought iron. I wear a mask, try not to spray on a windy day and try to use ones that are basically fume free. I have never had any skin irritation from wearing jewelry sealed with urethane spray paint, sitting on furniture primed and painted with spray paint or handling anything I've made and sealed with it. I think while it is air borne and wet, it is more of an irritant than when dried.
they make clear coat that is water based that won't hurt you!
always wear a mask, gloves, and long sleeves. you don't want to mess artound that stuff! once dry your all good
Get the right produt and follow directions carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment