Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Before I spray paint a metal surface?

I bought a metal bar stool with a black finish, if I want to spray paint it bronze, do I need to prep the surface?Before I spray paint a metal surface?
Absolutely. Take a medium grit sandpaper and scuff it all up good. Usually they come with a clear coat and you want to give your new paint something to stick to. Take your time, spray a LIGHT i said LIGHT coat. It's no good trying to cover it all up in one pass. A couple of light coats will give you a better finish. Make sure you take a fine sandpaper to it in between each coat (wont stick to a smooth surface very well)


You're good to go. If you want to ';shine'; it up, take some clear poly to it (you can get a many different glosses in a spray can these days.)Before I spray paint a metal surface?
Prepping properly will keep the paint on better.

No comments:

Post a Comment