Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How can i take off fast drying spray paint off my truck's paint?

I had painted behind my grill of my truck which is the radiator and some pieces of metal. I had put primer first and the very next day i put fast drying glossy black spray paint. There are black dots of the spray paint on my grill is there anyway to take that off?How can i take off fast drying spray paint off my truck's paint?
clay barHow can i take off fast drying spray paint off my truck's paint?
the best way is to wet a rag with lacquer thinner and it will wipe right off. wear rubber gloves though cause if you're not used to it it will burn your skin. also, don't use it on fresh paint. if your paint is a few years old then you're ok.
start with paint thinner this is the weakest,then xylol,lacquer than acetone. Always start with the weakest solvent so their is a less chance of ruining the finish. If you ruin the finish just reaply a clear coat to bring back the shine
Try some old fashioned turpentine. Its mild enough to not bother the original factory finish, but should soften the new spray paint for easy removal.
You can use spray carb. cleaner. It wont hurt your original paint job. It will evaporate before it can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment